Get the Look series no.1 - Grey & Pink with a splash of geometry
Hello ladies and gents, introducing a new series here - the G.T.L. !! I have decided to start a series of "get the look" meant to help those of you who want to do little changes in your environment! As a close friend of mine asked me to help her get the look you see here, I thought it to be the perfect way to start the series. So, I have chosen as a first example, this beautiful bedroom design - a fresh, minimal scandi look. I must admit, it is one of my favorites designs as well. I just love the soft colour palette with a strong accent colour ( the geometric duvet cover ) and the warmth + freshness of the wood stool.
As a lover of photography, I find the art to be very powerful in black & white. It complements the whole design by being a strong presence, regardless of its placement in the background. It is, as we call it in the design world, "a point of interest". Your eye is immediately drawn to it, but at the same time, it does not overpower the other elements - you can still see and read the accessories very clear. It is a lovely balance.
Inspiration image can be found here - image no 8. - a beautiful Scandinavian styled bedroom. Bedroom is styled by Simone Haag, photography is by Eve Wilson.
- The Eggcup wooden stool - Mark Tuckey - £ 282
- Rowan clear glass ceiling pendant - Copenhagen Glass collection through Lighting Company - £ 135
- French Grey wooden flooring - Royal Oak Floors by Harper & Sandlands - good quality wooden floor can vary based on product retailers, country (shipment +VAT) and on the area you need to cover. Based on these options, the price can reach between £ 15 - £ 55 per m². Keep in mind that the prince can go up as well, if the product you are choosing is made out of solid wood and is treated with different chemicals (for example - to be fire resistent)
- Small ceramic planter - Sculpture in Design through Etsy.com - £ 24 (shipment included)
- 'Hold On' art print - Ruben Ireland through Norsu Interiors - £ 46 - £ 70 depending on the size of the canvas
- Minimal white & copper alarm clock - Karlsson through Red Candy - £ 17.50
- Mori Valet clothing hanger - Internoitaliano through Made in Design - £ 286
- Sateen Light Grey Pillow and Duvet cover - Gant through Amara Interiors - £ 115
- Charcoal (grey) & Blush (pink) sheet and pillow sets - Cultiver linens - £ 215 each (price may vary depending on the sizes - price shown is for a king bed)
- Kami quilt cover ( indigo ) - AURA by Tracie Ellis - £ 161.50
- Square Plush small rug - NuLoom - £ 204
* Prices are as per websites at the moment when the blog post was written - they may vary due to promotions and events. All prices have been converted to british pound (for the purpose of this blog post), and are subject to exchange rate. Also, prices are without shipment except where it is indicated otherwise.
So if you have enjoyed this post, found it helpful, or even want me to try and find a similar look for you, do let me know - I would love to hear from you! I only show products I believe in and believe that you, the reader, will find interesting and eager to use. 'Til next time!
All images that are credited as '©Detail Movement', are done by Raluca Vaduva for Detail Movement. All rights reserved. All pictures that are not my own, I credit them to the best of my knowledge & research, to their online sources. I do not claim ownership over them in any way.