Get the look series no. 6 - Casual Hallway
I've always wondered what is the purpose of an entrance hallway, other than for transit. When you enter a flat or a house, it is the first thing you see. You form your opinion based on the look of the hallway. It's sort of sneak peek for the entire flat and the life of the person who lives there, don't you think? Of course, it's all connected to that CCL thing, but the great thing is that, depending on the person who owns or lives there, this space can completely transform your opinion about them. Not that I am one to care about such things, but I know there are some people out there, to whom this is quite a thing.
Anyway, I've put together a rather casual look for a hallway so you can get some inspiration if you are planning on upgrading your flat/house entrance. Here is what you typically find in a hallway: a bench and/or a chair/stool, a console table on which to leave bits like your keys and such, a mirror, a light of course (this can be either the spotlight that is already on your ceiling or it can be anything from a ceiling pendant, wall light to a table or even floor light - anything goes really). Lastly, but not least, there are hooks for coat hanging, but this is often achieved through a wardrobe or inside a storage area.
- Circum Black Round Mirror from April and the Bear - €185.00
- Dexter Console Table by Lambert via Clippings - price available at request
- Unity Walnut Tray from April and the Bear - €29.25
- Utility Pot & Leather Handle from Amara - £50.00
- Ogilvy Rise & Fall Pendant Light from Made.com - £79.00
- Black Stripes Poster from Desenio - from £9.99 (frame not included)
- Dove Poster from Desenio - from £2.29 (frame not included)
- Tammy Side Table from Swoon Editions - £179.00
- Georg Stool by Skagerak via Skandium - £177.65
- Handloomed Shine Rug from West Elm - £299.95
* Prices are as per website at the moment when this blog post was written - they may vary due to promotions and events. Prices are without additional costs (for example shipment costs - where applicable), so please do keep that in mind. If you buy a piece of furniture or any other item that is from another country, there will always be an extra charge for transport. So don't forget to adjust your budget accordingly. Also, do keep a look out for differences in currencies when making a purchase.
So there you have it peeps, how a potential Casual Hallway might look like. As always, I try to source only the best products that I believe in & believe that you will find interesting as well (and benefit from, of course). So I do hope you liked it. If you are interested in a certain look or you want some inspiration for a Bedroom, a Study or any other room, just let me know and I will put something together for you. You can drop me a line, or leave a request on Detail Movement's Facebook Page.
Until next time!
P.S: As always, I try to source only the best products that I believe in & believe that you will find interesting as well (and benefit from, of course). I did not receive anything for presenting these products.
All images that are credited as '©Detail Movement', are done by Raluca Vaduva for Detail Movement. All rights reserved. All pictures that are not my own, I credit them to the best of my knowledge & research, to their online sources. I do not claim ownership over them in any way.