The rise of Ceramics - 12 names to be on the look out for!
Ok ladies and gents, it's time to get down to business!
I know that in the last blog post I went on and on about evergreen trends! Now it's time to gossip about something fairly recent - ceramics! Since I've moved to London ( bear with me if this trend was here before ), I noticed the revival of handcrafted objects - mainly ceramics. I can only say that I am very glad that this Arts & Craft movement has started to be a force once again.
The idea of having something in your hands, that has the heart and soul of the creator in them, is just to good to pass. Or if you like, think of it this way: you own something unique. Yes, there may be 5 pieces of the same product, but they are all different. No two lines are the same, no colour or glaze on the same spot etc. To be fair, there are brands that sell ceramics as well, so those might be more alike than we would like them too, but still beautiful enough to mention.
That being said, I've put together a small list of the best ceramics out there ( at this moment ), just for you. Why? So that you can have even more choices - if it wasn't hard enough already to pick your faves:
2. Melt mugs by Robert Gordon. Photography by Jarrod Barnes.
5. Ceramic dip pens by Florian Gadsby. Phototgraphy by Florian Gadsby.
7. Arches Mug no. 2 in White by Arrow and Sage. Photography by Arrow + Sage.
8. Ceramics by ceramic artist & sculptor Andrei Davidoff. Photography by ©Clare Plueckhahn.
10. Cement Ceramics by Studio Twocan. Photography by Elise Wilken. Styling by Nat Turnbull for the Design Files.
11. Ceramic plates from Broste Copenhagen via T.D.C - The Design Chaser. Styled by Marie Graunbøl. Photographed by Line Thit Klein. Assistant Chris Tonnesen.
There you have it! A collection of beautiful accessories. There are so many out there, that it is a shame not to give this movement a chance and to support the local artisans. You can see the passion emanating from them, the diversity, the hard work that was put into them. For sure you can find something to your linking! So 12 names - 12 options, which one to choose? Who's your favorite?
I did not receive anything for make this post. I truly support the local artisans and their passion for their work. I only share products that I believe in and that I think you, the readers, will enjoy as well. If you know of any other ceramic wonders, do let me know. Would love to discover more!
All images that are credited as '©Detail Movement', are done by Raluca Vaduva for Detail Movement. All rights reserved. All pictures that are not my own, I credit them to the best of my knowledge & research, to their online sources. I do not claim ownership over them in any way.